Any major alteration to a flat is likely to need permission of some kind or other.Whilst an owner does not need permission to redecorate, or to renew kitchen units for example, permission is required for any work involving any area that affects the common part of the building, building or demolition of walls, building or moving a bathroom or toilet, changing windows, changing the use of the flat etc.In some respects, a Building Warrant or Planning Permission will be required.But more generally, Common Interest may have relevance, requiring notification of proposals to other owners in the block. 

Owners proposing to carry out major alterations are required to notify MPS as the factor, giving us an opportunity to extend services and advice.